The 3RD ANNUAL BEYOND RUBICON HUNT-FILM FESTIVAL is fast approaching and it’s time to get your film submissions turned in. We’ve been contacted by dozens of interested film-makers and this year’s festival is going to be the best yet. The Beyond Rubicon Hunt-Film Festival is the must-attend hunting celebration of the year in Albuquerque so get your submissions in now. The event is being held on 17 Mar @ 5 pm at the South Broadway Cultural Center in Albuquerque, NM. There is great food and drink from the Kaktus Brewery, awesome prizes, vendors, and just an all around great time! Click here if you want to purchase tickets!
We’d like to offer special thanks to some of our incredible partners: ABQ Film Office, Thompson Center Arms, Mathews, Vortex Optics, Garmin, Blacks Creek Guide Gear, and SKRE Extreme Mountain Gear.
We are proud to announce that we are teaming up with the Hunting Film Tour as part of this festival to bring tons of short films for your enjoyment.
- Recommended overall running time of 4 to 8 minutes in length.
- HD Video files in mp4 or .mov
- Use only content that you own or have permission to use and make sure you are not infringing on copyright.
- Tell your story and make it compelling. We get incredible submissions from all over the country and if it is legal and ethical, you will get a chance to see your work on the big screen.
Step 1- submit your films, once approved they will be posted to the @Beyond.Rubicon Facebook page.
Step 2- films will be initially judged using Facebook. Once submitted and approved, your short film will be posted on Beyond Rubicon’s page where likes will be calculated as part of the final selection process. Note: only likes on the Beyond Rubicon page will be calculated.
Step 3- The Beyond Rubicon Team will review each film and score it from 1-10 based on the following criteria.
Clear and Compelling story behind the hunt
Potential Impact on hunting
Sincere/Credible/Believable story telling
Innovative and creative use of video format
Visuals are clear, effective, and appropriate for scene
Text, music, narration clear and appropriate for video
Finalists will be announced no later than Sunday, 11 March 2018.
Step 4- Live-audience voting will be held to determine the winners so bring your phones.
There will be prizes for 1st through 3rd Place along with one Producer’s Choice Award!
All submissions must be received by March 7th 2018 for consideration. But, we are accepting submissions right now so it is always best to get your content in for Facebook voting.
- Upload to YouTube or Vimeo and send the link to: [email protected]
- Please submit a password if needed to access your film.
- Please remember to submit all films in HD. Finalists will be on the big screen.
- If your story goes beyond 8 minutes you will have to present a strong argument as to why it should be considered.