Updated 14 Jan 2018: The 4th ANNUAL BEYOND RUBICON HUNT-FILM FESTIVAL is still on the books for March 10th, 2019 at the Kimo Theater in Albuquerque. We know many of you were out there chasing critters, taking pictures, and filming. We hope you broke out the cameras and filmed your hunts to be considered for the film festival. And, if you know someone who films their hunts, please pass on this information to them!
The Beyond Rubicon Hunt-Film Festival is the must-attend hunting celebration each year in New Mexico! As you know, there is great food and drink from the Kaktus Brewery, awesome prizes, vendors, and just an all around great time! Tickets will be available soon! Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram to get regular updates!
Stand by for awesome prizes and terrific support from our national and local partners.
- We are accepting submissions now! Your final hunting film is due NLT 22 Feb 2019 (this deadline has been extended from previous newsletters). Videos will be uploaded in the order they are received and will be available for Facebook promotion on or about 23 Feb 2019.
- Recommended overall running time of 4 to 8 minutes in length.
- HD Video files in mp4 or .mov
- Use only content that you own or have permission to use and make sure you are not infringing on copyright.
- Tell your story and make it compelling. We get incredible submissions from all over the country and if it is legal and ethical, you will get a chance to see your work on the big screen.
JUDGING CRITERIA FOR HUNT-FILM MAKERS
Step 1- send a note to [email protected] to let us know you are interested in participating.
Step 2- by 22 Feb 2019, submit a final short film which will be initially judged using Facebook. Once submitted and approved, your short film will be posted on Beyond Rubicon’s page where likes will be calculated as part of the final selection process. Note: only likes on the Beyond Rubicon page will be calculated. Social media voting starts promptly on 23 Feb so be prepared to invite your fans, friends, and family to like the post on our page.
Step 3- The Beyond Rubicon Team will review each film and score it from 1-10 based on the following criteria. The number of likes on social media will be scored based on popularity with the highest amount of likes receiving a 10, second highest a nine, etc…
Clear and Compelling story behind the hunt
Potential Impact on hunting
Sincere/Credible/Believable story telling
Innovative and creative use of video format
Visuals are clear, effective, and appropriate for scene
Text, music, narration clear and appropriate for video
Step 4- Live-audience voting will be held to determine the winners so bring your phones.
There will be prizes for 1st through 3rd Place along with one Producer’s Choice Award!
All submissions must be received by 22 Feb 2019 for consideration. Having problems…that’s okay, just let us know but online voting will occur on the 23rd of Feb.
Semi-finalists will be selected by 04 Mar 2019. The winners will be chosen by live-audience voting at the event!
- Once you have been accepted as a contestant you will be asked to upload content to YouTube or Vimeo and send the link to: [email protected]
- Please submit a password if needed to access your film.
- Please remember to submit all films in HD. Finalists will be on the big screen in the Kimo Theater.
- If your story goes beyond 8 minutes you will have to present a strong argument as to why it should be considered.
- All film-makers are welcome, however, we reserve the right to accept or reject any film that does not reflect hunting ethics.
- Amateur films are WELCOME!